WWE Bill Goldberg still may be taking down opponents in the ring


The WWE star, who made a shocking comeback to the sport in October after more than a decade in retirement, recently opened up about the toll the return to training and intense competition has taken on his body.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/r3YrId6etLA/maxresdefault.jpg

“I’ll be honest, I’m miserable. I’m absolutely miserable,” Goldberg said last week on a podcast hosted by former WWE stars Edge and Christian. “Nobody get me wrong when I say I’ve been miserable throughout this, but I am. I’m miserable. I’m bloated 24 hours a day. I’m stressed 24 hours a day. I don’t sleep, but it’s a small price to pay.”
Goldberg, one of the most high-profile wrestlers of the late 1990s and early 2000s, didn’t just reappear on the WWE scene at 50-years-old; he reclaimed the throne. After kicking off his comeback by defeating Brock Lesnar in November and competing in the Royal Rumble in January, Goldberg took down Kevin Owens in March to capture the WWE Universal Championship.
Next up for the 6-foot-4, 270-pound bruiser? A rematch against Lesnar at WrestleMania 33 on Sunday with a shot at the world title — an attainable goal, at a price.
Professional wrestling legend Goldberg may be 50 years old, but...
“People are expecting me to be able to do exactly what I did back then,” Goldberg said. “I am nothing but a machine now. I get up in the morning. I eat. I train. I eat. It’s the toughest thing I ever embarked upon, guys. I’m 13 years removed from the business. I can’t name a power wrestler who has come back 13 freaking years afterwards. And then, within 20 pounds of what he was back then.”
Goldberg said abandoning his healthy, cardio-based lifestyle for an intense eating and lifting regimen has been a challenge, but also a “sacrifice” worth making.
“My family’s having fun, man,” Goldberg said. “And, hey, at the end of the day, if I want to smile, I’ll buy a car. That’s how I’m happy. I did, I bought one on the way back from [Survivor Series in] Toronto because I worked my ass off.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments